Monday, September 20, 2010

sometimes i find things in my purse...

I find the most random things in my purse sometimes — from really, really old pennies, which are assumed to live in the bottom of bags, to business cards of people I'm pretty sure I've never met.

 Today's find: a small business card-sized piece of paper titled, SAY IT STRAIGHT.

It reads as follows:

1. "Say it straight or you'll show it crooked."
2. Understand your goals and direct your activity to accomplish them.
3. Treat yourself and others with dignity and respect.
4. Be self-determining and help others to be the same.
5. Be responsible for your own thinking, feeling, and behavior.
6. Live in the here and now.
7. Speak with the purpose of resolving issues, rather than proving you are right.
8. Continue what works, and modify or discontinue what does not work.
(flipping the card over...)
9. Ask for what you want and invite others to do the same.
10. Make agreements that you are willing and intend to keep.
11. Appropriately involve others in making decisions that affect them.
12. Give, accept, and ask for positive strokes and constructive feedback.
13. Appropriately express your feelings, then you can get on with the tasks at hand.
14. In a conflict, communicate only with those people who can help you resolve it.

Thanks Life.

Or rather, I should thank Abe Wagner & Associates, Inc. That's where this card allegedly comes from.

Now that I'm thinking about it, I'm pretty sure it came from my dad. And, if I'm wrong, then at least I got some actual sound life coaching and the opportunity to look at this picture:

My favorite is sunglassed Abe.

No comments: