Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Living Well. But Not Lamely Like Those T-Shirts.

I'm staying away from pop for the week. Today went by without failure. That's a big deal, considering I've been knocking back around 1-3 a day for the last month. I even ran out for a snack mid morning, offering to get anything for my coworkers, who then requested Cherry Cokes, and I didn't budge. Two for them, none for me.

That slogan brings me to candy. I'm trying to cut back on my sugar intake in general. I'm a diehard cookie lover, and that's not going to change, but I am reassessing what it is I put in my body. It's all about being healthy.

Speaking of health. I don't sleep much. In general I get between five and seven hours a night. I can deal with seven, but five more than two days in a row is rough. And, let's face it, I look it. So, I'm laying off catching too many late night shows at iO, stepping back from Facebook at a reasonable hour, and turning in early.

And going along with turning things, I will also be turning more pages, i.e. reading more. That was a reach, and you could tell. That's like when a bad improviser shepherds his or her ideas across the stage hoping to connect everything without the audience realizing what's happening. We know. Anyway, I'm going to finish Atlas Shrugged by the end of September. I can do it and should have by now.

Recap:
-Staying away from pop and candy.
-Catching more Zzzs.
-Reading up.

No comments: