Tuesday, September 28, 2010

a sincere thank you

in keeping with this desire to express myself, as ms. madonna insists i should, i have some heartfelt sentiments to send out.

1. thank you to my friends. seriously. thank you. thank you for not dismissing my sarcasm as cruelty. thank you for realizing my intentions even when they seem vague or insincere. you know they're not, and i appreciate that beyond comprehension. thank you for opening up my heart to all you have to offer as i realize my own potential. thank you for accepting my faults, helping me get past my self-imposed boundaries and loving me for all that i am. and thank you for never ignoring me.
2. thank you to my family. again. this is serious. i love you. i love you more than i can put words to and the thought of you in any sort of painful situation, physical or otherwise, literally make me tear up. my heart breaks at these mere thoughts. even as i write these words my heart is racing and my eyes are welling up. i love you. i love you so much.
3. to my new friends. i am a "jar with a heavy lid," and maybe this defense mechanism isn't the best choice, but i do believe in the validity of having a thick door to break down, and i commend you if you even try. i'm not difficult to see through if you take the time. i just seem like it. but. i do believe that when it comes down to it honesty, availability, and the ability to take life with a grain of salt are prerequisites —

so, if you like, go on this journey with me. i'm a good friend, a solid listener and someone that will bring you a smile when you feel like crying. just let me.

No comments: