Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Books I've read over the last year

1. Slam, Nick Hornby

2. A Long Way Down, Nick Hornby

3. We the Living, Ayn Rand

4. The Fountainhead, Ayn Rand

5. Confessions of a Shopaholic, Sophia Kinsella

6. Shopaholic Takes Manhattan, Sophia Kinsella

7. Shopaholic Ties the Knot, Sophia Kinsella

8. Shopaholic and Sister, Sophia Kinsella

9. When You Are Engulfed in Flames, David Sedaris

10. Do Travel Writers Go to Hell?, Thomas Kohnstamm

11. Under the Mercy, Sheldon Vanauken

12. Sex, Drugs and Cocoa Puffs, Chuck Klosterman

13. Watchdog Journalism: The Art of Investigative Reporting, Steven J. Berry

5 comments:

Will Wilkinson said...

you would read ayn rand

Feiran said...

Nice blog :)

What was Slam like? I liked Nick Hornby's other books

Robb Kruse said...

Predictably Irrational

Brigid said...

a. Will, Ayn Rand and I have more in common when it comes to thoughts and thinking than I would have expected. I'm excited to read Atlas Shrugged.

b. Feiran, Nick Hornby is probably all around one of my favorite, if not favorite, authors. I like his first-person voice, which Slam delivered on. It's a good story about how a kid gets himself into trouble when he impregnates his sometimes-girlfriend, and the subsequent aftermath.

c. Robb, yeah. My reading list is irrational, but I guess the only guiding force is that I was interested in reading all of these at one point or another, and I actually liked all of them — obviously, for different reasons.

it's anne, yo! said...

i am glad a book by the "bear-dog" (as i so lovingly have dubbed him) has made the cut. i'm sure he is thanking god sophia kinsella didn't write anymore books.