Tuesday, June 23, 2009

New Music List

1. "You and I," Wilco with Feist, off of Wilco (The Album)
"You and I will not be strangers/ However we get sometimes it's like we never met/ But you and I, I think we can take it/ All the good with the bad, make something that no one else has/ You and I, You and I, Me and You/ What can we do? Well the words we use sometimes are misconstrued/ Well I wont guess, what's coming next"


2. "People Got a Lot of Nerve," Neko Case, off of Middle Cyclone
"You know they call them killer whales/ But you seem surprised/ When it pinned you down to the bottom of the tank/ Where you can't turn around/ It took half your leg and both your lungs/ And I craved I ate hearts of sharks, I know you know it/ I'm a man man man man, man man man eater/ But still you're surprised prised prised when I eat ya"


3. "Gone Are All the Days," Mirah, off of (a)spera
"And we were just a child with a myst that children make/ And we were running wild, no thoughts for what we'd break/ But gone are all the days, gone are all the days/ And once we learn to hide, our size did keep us safe/ The sidewalk cracks were wide, but to jump 'em made us brave/ But then the darkness came-a creepin' over every place/ Over time we took to sleeping, and let the weeds take over this place"


4. "Eet," Regina Spektor, off of Far
"It’s like forgetting the words to your favorite song/ You can’t believe it/ You were always singing along/ It was so easy and the words so sweet/ You can’t remember/ You try to move your feet/ It was so easy and the words so sweet/ You can’t remember, you try to feel the beat"


5. "Everblue," Mandy Moore, off of Amanda Leigh
"So you made yourself a new world/ Where even strangers make more sense/ I pay the pain up right straight ahead/ And with the beat/ You can ease yourself into the light/ Or keep that record on repeat"

No comments: