Sunday, September 30, 2012

why is my begonia dying?

Dear Begonia,

What happened? Why are you being this way? Please don't die. You were so pretty when I bought you. Really, you were this vivacious orange. You had smatterings of green and brown, and you were gorgeous. Just radiant.

So what's the deal? You don't like sunlight anymore? My bathroom suffocated you? The living room doesn't have enough air circulation? Tell me.

What can I do to make this better? God damn you, flower. What's the deal?

I know I'm not good at taking care of you, but I was trying. I really was. I thought this was it! This is my fucking flower! I GOT YOU AT GARDEN OF GETHSEMANE FOR CRYING OUT LOUD.

I was wrong, begonia. You're the worst. You're the reason you're dying.

Ok, I am. I think I over watered you. I did. The directions led me astray, and now you're overwatered, rotting from the inside out. Fuck, flower. I was trying.

Is there still hope at all? All of these Ask.com answers are confusing me. Please. Just. Work.

You were a flower and I picked you. Ok? So, just — try.

Thanks.

I love you.

Goodbye.

B

2 comments:

Angel The Alien said...

LOL! That's exactly the way I felt when my tomato plants (which I was growing on my windowsill mostly to defy my brother who said it couldn't be done) seemed to be dying! But they did live. Maybe your flowers need some Miracle Grow! (It worked for my tomatoes.)

Brigid said...

I think I've saved it for now...I re-potted some of it, and gave it new dirt. They were definitely drowning though. Report back in a few weeks! Thanks for reading!