Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Curtains #2 & Victories.

We got a new shower curtain. Well, not we. I came home to the sweetest roommate treat that isn't edible a few weeks back. I've been in awe of it. Every time I'm in there. Regardless of the task at hand, I stop in silent adoration of this lovely black and white floral drape. The shower curtain is there. Sleek. Stylish. Simple. The ole triple "S." Oh, black and white. Oh, oh, ohhhh. The simple victory.

A friend of mine dates her boyfriend long distance and has done so for a while now, aka over a year. She told me that he's currently on rotation (he's a doctor, of course, he is) in Michigan this week -- and now they're in the same time zone. She lives in D.C. The simple victory.

Monday morning I drove up to Lake Forest to spend time with my momsie. She suggested a trip to J.Crew's sale rack. Sneakily she picked up a cute trendy green purse, asked me my opinion, and then just got it. She put it, wrapped with a sweet "Enjoy this Brigid. Love, Mom" note in the back seat of my car, for me to find later. Just a thoughtful miss. The simple victory.

Last week I won Saturday Night Live tickets. The simple victory.

No comments: