Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Blending in

I have this need to do something great with my life.

I think it comes from the way my parents have raised me and my siblings. My sister is a US Peace Corps volunteer in Kyrgyzstan, my brother Sean is in the midst of applying to be a Navy officer, my brother Larry is attempting to get out of the corporate business grind focusing his sights on a career in improvisation, and Timmy and Kevin have their whole lives ahead of them as they decide upon which college to attend.

For some reason I feel this need to do something outside of myself, my comfort zone, even my country and help others, give money, I don't know. I just want to do something that will last, something that I can look back on with pride--something worth while. I don't want my life to blend in with the rest. I don't want to be another face in the crowd.

1 comment:

paul said...

work at the Ranch.