Saturday, September 11, 2010

Things I Love...

1. How a good piece of art (performance or otherwise) makes me feel.
2. Improv.
3. How soft my hair feels when it's straight.
4. 65 degrees and sunny.
5. September weddings.
6. Remembering stories when I look at certain things in my apartment.
7. Unexpected apologies.
8. Perfect sentences.
9. Reading out loud.
10. Video chatting.
11. Warm Chai Tea.
12. Reading.
13. iTunes genius mixes.
14. Burritos.
15. Noble Tree.

I obviously love lists. I've said it before, but they really do help keep things in perspective. If I didn't make these lists, I know myself well enough to know I'd relive negativity constantly in my head. Forcing myself to remember all the wonderful things that happen in my day to day is the best thing I do with my time. And the real kicker lies in those moments where I'm unrestricted by 5 things, sometimes going into the hundreds. It doesn't matter how small these loves might seem; it only matters that they are there, having a presence, taking up space and making days better than they could have been otherwise. Good moods are an actively sought after state of mind.

No comments: