Tuesday, April 15, 2008

High & Dry

I really like that I can have an away message that correlates with the current song I'm listening to. Recently I've been surfing the R section of my iTunes, so naturally Radiohead came up, and then the song "High and Dry" came up. I know it may seem as if I only write when sad, confused, or simply downtrodden, so I've been trying to create sort of a balancing act.

Anyway, I think songs are beautiful. I love song lyrics, which is interesting as I don't love poetry, except T.S. Eliot. Sometimes I feel like a kindred spirit. It's so pretty.

Here's the song I've been tuning in with.

Two jumps in a week, I bet you think that's pretty clever don't you boy.
Flying on your motorcycle, watching all the ground beneath you drop.
You'd kill yourself for recognition; kill yourself to never ever stop.
You broke another mirror; you're turning into something you are not.

Don't leave me high, don't leave me dry
Don't leave me high, don't leave me dry

Drying up in conversation, you will be the one who cannot talk.
All your insides fall to pieces, you just sit there wishing you could still make love
They're the ones who'll hate you when you think you've got the world all sussed out
They're the ones who'll spit at you. You will be the one screaming out.

Don't leave me high, don't leave me dry
Don't leave me high, don't leave me dry

It's the best thing that you've ever had, the best thing that you've ever, ever
had.
It's the best thing that you've ever had; the best thing you've had has gone away.

Don't leave me high, don't leave me dry
Don't leave me high, don't leave me dry


I sort of feel like the boy. Trying so hard to be recognized. I hope I don't end up drying up in conversation with nothing left to give anyone. There would be a such a feeling of desolation. Like I was barren.

But, I don't think I will end up as such because I'm aware of my distaste for it.

No comments: