Thursday, January 18, 2007

"More than anything I want to see you go take a glorious bite out of the whole world"- snow patrol


Yesterday I was kind of being a whack job. It was basically because I've been tired ever since I was born, which is to say, this year I was born into some other being other than myself. What I mean by this is only that since I have been tossed into the mixed salad of upper journalism -- namely the newspaper, content, KRUI and class -- is that I think I've bitten off more than I can chew, but I like the taste. Stupid metaphor. I can't even take credit for it. I heard my Content Editor-in-Chief say it today.

However, all is well, even though it's been three days and already I'm showing signs of stress. Please, watch for red flares emanating from my inevitable distress. Smile and nod.

The other day I finally got Snow Patrol. I was meaning to get it so many times, but always I get caught up in whatever it is I am doing, and I forgot...numerous times.

Since I've gone to Thailand, you know scoured the globe (pah) and now that all my study abroad buddies are back I'm just itching to get a move on and see things. I don't even know why I want to, other than wanting to practice french. I have my meeting with my study abroad counselor tomorrow. If all goes well I'll be able to sign up for a program soon enough. Everything is happening so fast. Pretty soon this semester will be over, I will (hopefully) have an internship, Brian will have graduated, Sean too, newspaper will end for the semester and what will I have to show for it all? Not to get sentimental, but honestly, life does fly by.

Until next time

No comments: