Friday, November 07, 2008

Shocked

A good friend of mine sent me a truly disheartening link to a news story today. It broke my heart a little bit. The story was about a racist hate crime that happened on Baylor University in Waco, Texas. This friend went to school there and is a Barrack fanatic. It's true. So, the story went as follows: after Barrack was elected President of the US racial tensions spewed on Tuesday night between white and black students on the Baptist university's campus. Obama/Biden lawn signs were burned and a noose was left in a tree. No one has been arrested yet.

It's particularly heartbreaking because even earlier this morning I received a link to an Ezra Klein blog post from The American Prospect.. This post had me ecstatic. I even wrote about it on Ode's Exchange. I hope that our country can get over the history we have endured, and I'm just perplexed that we haven't yet.

Below is the photo Klein writes of:

No comments: