Sunday, September 28, 2008

Sunday afternoons are pleasant.

I forgot how much I like to write fiction. This afternoon I just started writing a bit of a story. I used to have a whole file of my fiction on my last computer. It's gone and so are all my stories. Makes me sad. That was always something I enjoyed. Writing for the sake of it. Some people flip on the television, which I do too on occasion, but writing to pass the time is fun. Singing along to Ryan Adams songs is also fun. I've been doing that all day. "Pearls On a String" is my favorite for the day.

"Blue eyes for miles. Pretty as a peach."

I just like that. I always wondered who the people who get songs written about them are. There's a part in the movie "The Holiday" where one character writes the "song" of another character, and I've always wanted to know what I would sound like, what a song of me would be. Musician couples intrigue me. Like Sheryl Crow and Eric Clapton in the 90s. She wrote "My Favorite Mistake" and performed songs like White Room together. Anyway,another song for another day.

1 comment:

Will Wilkinson said...

i'll write a song about you if you mail me a surf board.