Monday, September 29, 2008

I've only been awake for seven and a half hours.

1. I finally found my to-go mug, and now I can't find the cap. So, since I had already poured my tea in my New York Times embossed cup I decided to take my chances at spilling. Mistake. I was in a rush, as per usual, and had to carry not only my cup without cap, but also my bowl of oatmeal and spoon, eight blocks. In attempts at having less a chance of spillage I thought, sure drink a huge sip of tea once you get to the stop sign. Piping hot. Mistake. I spit it out all over the sidewalk in front of a nice old Asian lady out for her morning walk. Once I got to Marco's car he thoughtfully opened the door seeing my hands were full and wet thanks to the tea. I ate my oatmeal quickly.

2. Today I called Brazil. I had to reach Stephane at his bookstore Galerie 1618. Brazilians speak Portuguese, Brigid Marshall's speak English with highlights of French. Handy. No, for real. I spoke to one of the employees in French because he didn't know English, and I am unfortunately not blessed with knowing Portuguese. Stephane was out, but now I have his cell phone. Alright. I get off the phone and am greeted to the wonderful sounds of affirmation. Whoa. Nice. Wow. Feels good.

3. Lunch around here runs like clockwork. It's 12:55 p.m. someone is going to Whole Foods, Safeway or somewhere else magical. Marco asks if anyone wants to join him, I say yes, hold on, as does Katie. But I look up a few minutes later. I had to finish printing a fax. They're gone. All gone. I went to Safeway instead. Got a baguette, some spinach, four plumes (I hope I like them), Special K Red Berries and a roast beef sandwich. Should be good.

No comments: