Friday, January 18, 2008

Explanations

First thing's first. The photos in the previous post are of France. 1. Laura, Jenna, & Ben 2. View from a medieval chateau 3. Omaha Beach, Normandy 4. Apartments in Pau 5. St. Nicholas church, Pau

[Change in subject here]

After three weeks at home, I'm back in Iowa City. I'm back writing for The Daily Iowan. I'm back drinking coffee at The Java House. I'm back with the people I feel so comfortable with. But it's strange. Now that I'm here the one person I felt most comfortable with in Iowa City isn't here anymore. I know it may sound stupid and/or cliche, but that's how it is. Anyway, I got a new camera before I left for France (was stolen), then got another camera three months in, so I think I'm going to take pictures of Iowa City and the UI like I did while abroad. It seems sort of hilarious to take photos of the things that have become surprisingly familiar, but I want those shots anyway.

In other news, I begin my first DI stories for this coming week. One on the IC Yacht Club's 5th year anniversary and another on a bluegrass group headed for The Mill. It feels good to be back in the swing of things, but it feels different because things here are different, I'm different, and I miss that feeling of contentment.

No comments: