Wednesday, December 12, 2007

C'est presque fini...

I'm nearly finished with France. Rather, I'm nearly finished with my first go at France. I'm confident in my will to return to this country. Honestly, I really like France. I may not be shouting at the top of my lungs for Pau, but I certainly have enjoyed being away from home, both Chicago and Iowa City.

It seems surreal that I've got little over one week left here. I'm rehashing the sentiments of my last posts, but wow. You come to a country, know it really isn't home, but just when you've begun to call it that, the rug's snatched out from beneath your feet, and you're left with a bruise on your rump.

Would it be a terrible cliché or something like that if I said Pau will always be a bruise on my ass? Probably, but I've gone and said it anyway.

I've got so many stories about what's happened over the last few days, weeks and months, I don't think that when I tell them that anyone aside from those involved will get it. Maybe. But it's an extremely strange concept.

Some things I'm looking forward to comes next Sunday, December 23rd:

1. MacBook Pro

2. Sledding in 12 inches of snow

3. Christmas, for perhaps the last time at 995 Beverly

4. Speaking French when annoyed

5. Passing the time slowly

6. Taking showers at night

7. Central Standard Time

No comments: