Wednesday, November 21, 2012

chasing dreams

This song, Beautiful Girl, just pisses me off. It's such a cop out to explaining what it means to love someone. Its main concentration is on all she does for him, and only minutely highlights how absent he is from this relationship. But what makes it the worst is how fucking beautiful the melody is. At the end of the day, words are just words, even if they're strung together like pearls on a musical string. "You sacrifice so much of your life in order for this to work," he sings, but what does he do? How does he sacrifice? Feeling bad isn't enough, guy.



I wish I could do better by you,
Cos that's what you deserve.
You sacrifice so much of your life,
In order for this to work.

While I'm off chasing my own dreams,
Sailing around the world,
Please know that I'm yours to keep,
My beautiful girl.

And when you cry a piece of my heart dies,
Knowing that I may have been the cause,
If you were to leave, fulfill someone elses dreams,
I think I might totally be lost.

But you don't ask for no diamond rings,
No delicate string of pearls,
That's why I wrote this song to sing,
My beautiful girl

No comments: