Monday, August 13, 2007

Recaps

After what was probably the strangest weekend full of shady memories and questionable events I'm almost, almost glad I have a 9-5 job today. I mean, of course, not really.

Wait, let's recap: my lovely friend Rebecca needed a couple of those after last Tuesday's downtown 21st birthday fest. In adorable Goldstein fashion Ms. Rebes-ee felt it a necessary action to love tap (or just smack) her three friends (Kerst, Kate and myself) with the tupperwear cap her mother had given her for the much coveted chococate cake. Obviously Rebecca left it on the train...but not before her lovely dance moves took on the Chicago Union Pacific Metra train and all of the passengers in car 3. It was a night to remember.

"So, [insert Chicago Cab driver name], who are you voting for in '08?"

Rebes is voting for Obama, in case you were curious.

She wasn't the only one with interesting stories following the first full week of August.

From Teddy O'Brian's to a night of white wine and Nickel Creek, plus Amy's amazing return home from Philly, I felt good about where my friendships have gone since I first started making them.

I can guarantee that if you were there to witness the magic of last weekend in particular, you were a lucky one.

Recaps are still necessary.

Newport Coffee, anyone?

No comments: